Friday, January 30, 2004

Work was crappy! But oddly enough, I had better luck than everyone else. Now that's a change of pace. Here's what happened: (Note: Tommy mucked up his leg on Monday in a workplace accident - but continues to work in spite of not really being able to bend his right knee, also in spite off the doctors recommendations)

1. Tommy hit and punctured 2 barrels of Codine waste with the towmotor. Big spill, lots of cleaning up.
2. Frank got hit in the face with a piece of glass - it somehow managed to evade both his safety glasses and his respirator to cut wide and deep into his cheek.
3. Mike managed to drop a few thousand pounds of ballasts when a pallet broke in half as he tried to move a stack with the forklift. Oddly enough though, a bunch was saved by slamming into a nearby wall and smashing the glass covering over a firehose. After a lot of effort, we managed to clean everything up.

So there's an example of the ill luck that befell the members of our crew. I came out oddly unscathed, other than having to do a lot of shitty work and help deal with the other problems. We were all forced to skip out on break to get the excess of work done.

Tomorrow is going to be an absolute joy. I'll be woken up bright and early so we can move on out of our townhome and into the fancy new house. Problem is, I only got home from work a bit ago, and it's 3am. Might be tired tomorrow, perhaps. Wayne and I will be the fellas doing all the loading and unloading. I can't wait to see how fun it is with the snow and cold. Snow flurries are expected for tomorrow, which is as it should be. Then I'm supposed to goto work for the normal 5-1:30 shift. Still not sure if I'll be able to make it, but I told the guys I'd be in. I can't really afford to miss another day of work after already missing Monday because of picking the parents up at the airport. But mom insists I should take tomorrow off so I can stay and finish moving. Besides, she says, I'll be dragging my ass all night at work anyhow.

But moving is supposed to be happy, in this case. Why? Because we're going from a shitty place, to a really good place. So, I can be happy. Just pardon me if I don't have the energy to shout out my pleasure while jumping up and down.

Finally, you my readers may have figured it out for yourselves already, but I'll most likely be taking a few days off. I have no idea when we'll be getting the internet hooked up at the new place. For all I know it could be all planned already to have it by Saturday. Or, it could be a week. Who knows. I sure as hell hope it isn't a long wait though.

On that note, I'm off to get some sleep. Peace out folks.

INotD: TiddlyWinks. This refers to someone acting really, really girly.

~K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home