Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I came home from work tonight and was greeted by an incessant beeping sound. Irritated, I searched for the source, and found it. A little carbon monoxide alarm. Neat, never even realized we had one. I read all the instructions and information on the back, and according to what it says, it's a real alarm, and not a dead battery or service time. Seeing as it's 2am (That's when I get home from work) I really don't feel like following the instructions that bid me call 911 and leave the area immediately for fresh air. All that would serve to do is wake probably everyone up in my townhouse complex, and cause me a load of discomfort. So I opened all the windows around the place, and unplugged the alarm. It's 3:51am right now, and I'm still alive, so perhaps it's working. But the temperature inside has dropped from a relatively balmy 17 degrees down to 3 degrees, and it's still dropping. Damn, I guess when I wake up in the morning the water jug will be frozen and I'll have frost on my face.

Actually, I've got an idea, lets really see if the open windows has been working. I'll go plug the alarm back in.

There we go, well no beeps yet. Well, it beeped a couple times when I first hooked it back up - but I think those were just beeps of displeasure. So does that mean it's safe to goto bed now? I was thinking, since it's so cold in here now, the furnace is running constantly to try and keep things warm (and failing - hard to compete with 5 open windows and -23 outside). So, the GAS furnace is running, and I have a GAS leak from - oh, probably the furnace since there's nowhere else for it to be coming from. Is this a good think that I'm giving it some hard work? Maybe, maybe not. Anyhow, I'm getting pretty tired now...tired...lightheaded...sleeeeeeeeep.

If I'm not back tomorrow, call for help.

INotD: This one is comes courtesy of Shade - he saw it on Showcase tonight while watching some movie about Winnipeg and insisted I put it on. I must warn you though, this one is more offensive than all the other entries, so the faint of heart can stop reading right here. But then again, I don't think any panzies read my blog, soooo: Babyfucker.

~K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home