Sunday, January 11, 2004

Went and saw Return of the King again today. That's the third time so far. Damn do I love that movie! Saw the SpiderMan 2 trailer again as well, damn I can't wait for that one to come out. Lookin forward to Spidey kicking Dr. Octopus in the ass.

In other news, I just fought off my fifth spontaneous nose bleed in the last 2 days, guess it's just a tad dry or somethin round here. Either that or I'm not receiving a proper vitamin intake, as that may cause nosebleeds so I've heard. Can't be from work, I wear a damned respirator all day.

Been listening to a band called Twelve Stones lately, and I must say they're pretty good. A lot of the songs have a bit of a similar sound, which makes me worry about creativity - but at least they're all of a consistent quality. That is to say, I'm enjoying the music. Running out of Pain and The Way I Feel have both left impressions on me thus far.

Speaking of bands, I'm still listening fervently to my Ill Nino's latest offering - Confession. What a kick ass CD! I'd have to say it's one of the best hard rock albums to come out in 2003. Now those guys definitely have range, from the hard anger of Te Amo...I Hate You and Lifeless Life, to the more melodic sounds found in Unframed, How Can I Live and This Times For Real. In truth, every song on this album is a gem. It's hard to say whether or not Confession is a stronger effort than their previous album Revolution Revolution. I'd have to say that in many ways, as a whole it is a superior effort simply because the level of overall refinement has risen - and it's obvious when comparing the tracks. But I must admit, some of my favorite Ill Nino tunes come from Revolution Revolution: With You, What Comes Around, and If You Still Hate Me. Let us simply say that it's a kick ass band.

INotD: Turd-Tapper. Self explanatory, again.

~K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home