Friday, January 09, 2004

First day back at work turned out to be not as bad as I'd feared. I ended up doing clippings for most of the day. It's an entirely mind numbing task, but easy - so I didn't really mind sitting back and doing it.

I was also gifted with an excess of sleep last night; almost 12 hours. So I'm feeling pretty damned good right now. In fact I think when I'm done this, I'll go read A Game of Thrones for a hour or two. For those of you who don't know the book I speak of, it's by George R.R. Martin, and it's the first in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I just started today, so I'm only 70 pages in. Thus far though, it looks to have vast potential. The description is great, the dialogue moves well, and the world is vibrant with a richly textured history. I've been told that it's excellent political fantasy, and with what I've seen so far this series has the depth to be named with the best. All of this praise and I'm not even 10% through the book? Yep, I'm that excited about it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend another book to all the fantasy readers who may peruse these ramblings. The Darkness that Comes Before by R. Scott Bakker (Book 1 of The Prince of Nothing)came out a few months back and I must say, it is excellent. It possesses all those wonderful qualities I was just praising in Martin's book. I strongly advise fantasy fans give it a look.

I'm going to go read my book now!

INotD: Assclown. (Props to C on that one.)

~K


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home