Saturday, January 03, 2004

Ok, tonight has been pretty fun. It's been pretty blizzard-like for most of the evening, so we hopped in Cory's Sunfire and did a lot of driving, and let me tell you it was great fun on those roads. For those of you that would have shit your pants, well, it may be justified - but in that case stay off the roads and let the rest of us have our fun.

So I promised a list of things I'm looking forward to in 2004. I'll attempt to compile a decent list, although I admit I've barely done any prep beforehand. If this list looks hastily assembled, well that's because it has been hastily assembled. :P

- You may have gathered this from my last post, but the new Corvette C6 has me salivating in anticipation. I cannot wait to see one of these on the roads...the pictures look awesome!!

- Something a little closer to my actual price range, although still far and beyond what I have the ability to afford, the new Pontiac G6 (Grand Am replacement - originally it the G6 concept was going to be the next Grand Am but Pontiac changed their minds and decided to go with the new name for such a new product - it says so on their website). The official unveiling of the G6 sport sedan will be this January - if its even close to the concept, then I think it'll kick some major ass.

- More cars! I mentioned two specifically cause those are tops on my list, but there are so many more promising vehicles coming out...keep an eye on the detroit auto show this month.

- I look forward to getting a computer that can play all the awesome games I've been dying to play over the last 3 years but have been unable to. WarCraft 3, Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty, etc etc. Hell, I can barely play FaitH on my comp and it's just a browser based game...that bloody build city kills my current system. It'll be nice clicking on something and it actually happening without a 5 minute wait!

- Games! As a result of money restrictions, I haven't bothered to follow the game industry as much as I used to, but I know there's a lot of kick ass games that'll be coming out, and I can't wait for those! Also, FaitH will continue to be updated and improved, which is a good thing.

- New Job! Will the gods finally deem me worthy of a position in my field? Or will I continue to scrape through life in obscurity? While I worry that a positions in my field are terribly difficult to attain (thus far it's been an exercise in futility), I think just about anything would be more enjoyable than the current work. Who knows though, it just might be time for some good luck. (see? anti cynic here)

- Collective Bargaining Agreement. It may seem an odd thing to look forward to, but the NHL is in so much trouble right now, that these all-important negotiations really need to conclude with the greatest expedience to the best possible outcome. I love hockey, and I love the NHL, but things really need to change. I desperately fear that next season may be ruined due to a lockout - here's hoping that somehow things don't go terribly awry.

- Vancouver Canucks kicking ass in the playoffs and making a strong cup run, maybe even going all the way. GO CANUCKS!

- Canadian World Juniors beating the Czechs tomorrow and going on to win the Gold. GOOO CANADA!

- Manchester United claiming the Premiership title so I can take a moment or two to gloat to my good friends the Arsenal fan (Colin) and the Chelsea fan (Barrett). ;)


Ok, now that's a fairly decent list, if I do say so myself. It also took entirely too long to write up. So, I'm gonna head to sleep now.

~K (ks_world_blog@hotmail.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home