Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Today was my last full day in Winnipeg. The first item on the agenda was a trip to the University where I was assaulted by bouts of nostalgia. I remember well those days of class skipping - watching movies or playing foosball in the Science lounge, eating pizza from the Greenhouse Cafe. Good times, good times.

I had to fix up the graduation date that somehow had gotten screwed up. I insisted I had declared my date months ago, the office countered that I hadn't. I said I filled out a form doing so. They said no, you can't do it via forms - only via internet and phone. Having no immediate argument, I mumbled inanely about how memory can apparently confuse things. No more than three minutes laterthough , I was offered a form to fill out. A form to declare my new grad date. It looked oddly familiar too. At this point, there was really no point in arguing the case - it's not like they can go back and give me my degree when I was supposed to get it. Yet I simply find it odd the way it all played out. I think someone just lost my original offering.

For the evening, we went to Triple B's and played a lot of pool. In spite of being really rusty, I don't think I played too bad for the most part. It was good though, Triple B's used to be a fav hang out back shortly after it opened a few years back, brought back memories of good times.

Finally, as my flight departs Winnipeg in no less than 245 minutes, I'd like to offer my kudos to everyone who took the time to visit and help make this a great visit. Dan and Kelly for letting me live in their house and take over their computer, I gift to you the remainder of my Ciclon rum, enjoy! Cory/Sandy/James/Elena you guys rock for visiting (very!) often and driving me places when there was need (James can have yet another nod for Worms and Mancala ;) ). Colin cuz he continues to r0X0r and did a funny spinout on Wellington ;). Barrett, Burton, Lina, and Myles are not to be forgotten either.

It's been a fabulous time, and I really cringe at the thought of it all ending so soon. I do indeed miss this little wanna-be (as I affectionately call it) city of Winnipeg.

Here's a rundown of some memorable moments:

- Playing hockey at -40`C with Dan and Darcy.
- Shopping with James and Elena
- Driving with Cory and Sandy in extreme winter conditions - it was like rally driving!
- Voluntarily mopping the floor at Black's while Cory and Sandy watched in amusement.
- Spinning out on Wellington with Colin, Burton and Lina. Then watching two other cars spin out at the exact same spot right after us.
- New Years Eve with everyone
- Tonight at Triple B's with Cory, Sandy, Colin, Barrett, Myles, and Dan.
- Drinking at The Toad in the Hole with Colin, Burton, Lina, Cory and Sandy.
- The endless hours of playing Worms with James, Colin, Cory, Sandy and Ivan.
- Endless hours playing BF1942 with Dan.
- The Shell incident with Dan.
- Lauren and Liam constantly driving me absolutely crazy.
- Watching Canucks hockey/World Juniors with Dan + Kelly.
- The whole damned thing

Thus concludes my Winnipeg wrap-up. I don't plan on sleeping; what's the point I'd have to get up in 1.5hours anyhow. I'll sleep during the flight :).

~K (ks_world_blog@hotmail.com)

Oh! Can't forget the INotD:

Pylon. Used to illustrate extreme stupidity and/or uselessness in an individual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home