Sunday, January 25, 2004

Well, tonight turned out to not be so boring after all. After talking on the phone with Kathryn for about two hours, I decided to go for a drive. Why not? I love driving - doesn't matter whether its summer or winter. Thus did I hop in the Grand Am and go driving.

So I was cruisin around the University when I saw this woman standing in the middle of the road, not knowing her intentions I slowed right down. When I was almost upon her she stepped in front of me and started waving, so I stopped and opened the window. She had no jacket on whatsoever, just a shirt. She asked if I could give her a ride home, so I said ok. She had been waiting out in the cold minus twenty something weather for 20 minutes waiting for a cab. She said and was freezing. I took the hint and cranked the heat.

By the way, she was bloody hammered. As in drunk. Very drunk.

So first she said she would "Make it worth my while" if I gave her a ride. An odd thing to say perhaps, that could be taken in many ways. Then she wanted to goto McDonalds, and wanted to buy me something to eat. I assumed this was the reward, so I politely declined citing how recent I had last eaten. After a long wait at the drive though line, I ordered a McChicken burger with a sprite for her. Paying was difficult, she had trouble aiming her fingers at the correct buttons to pay using her bank card. Eventually this was mastered, and we began the short trek to her complex.

The digital clock on the dash of the car read 12:50 by this time. She thought that meant she owed me twelve dollars and fifty cents. Why? Because as it turns out, she was positive I was a cab driver. I declined her payment numerous times. She didn't have any cash though, and was hoping to pay me using her bank card. I admitted that I haven't the technology to take her payment. Then, she gave me her Old Navy gift card citing that it had $25 on it. I responsed by telling her that I don't shop at Old Navy so she'd be better off to keep her card (Perhaps use the money toward a jacket?).

After 5-10 minutes of her trying to find ways to pay me and my constant refusals to accept any sort of monetary tokens - she declared me to be a nice guy. So she wrote down her phone number and msn address in case I decided that I did require payment. The phone number is illegible, but the msn is just barely readable.

When she left, I waited patiently in the driveway while she stopped at no less than 3 doors in her quest to discover the proper entrance to her home. When she finally made her way into the building, I backed out and drove home. Turns out the drive was an eventful one.

I think I've done my good deed for the day. Upon reflection, it occurs to me that she really is lucky that I was the one she decided to flag down, as opposed to someone else who may not have been so kind. Should I puff out my chest and declare that I may have saved her life? hmm.

INotD: My special guest today is none other than one of the best actors in the world. Johnny Depp. Unfortunately, I'm not personally aquainted with Mr. Depp, but I do have a quote from a recent movie - Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I especially enjoyed this movie, Depp performance was great - as usual. The INotD for today is Fuckmook. The quote I derived the term from is: "I can't see! Fuckmook! I don't have any eyes!".

~K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home