Thursday, January 22, 2004

WoOoOOoOoooo that was fun driving. Ok, so we got a fairly decent dumping of snow today. It started early this afternoon and went right up until I left work, and it was goin pretty heavy too. So, that means funky driving conditions on the way home at 1:30am, right? Right you are! It was great fun! First off, Frank and I decided to have some fun when we left work. He's driving an Acura EL (I think he said a 99) and I'm driving a 99 Grand Am (Built for Excitement!). So we jammed out of the parking lot and did some good ebrake slides. It was pretty funny, we'll have to jest about it tomorrow. The rest of the drive home was fun too. You see, the route I take to work is all secondary highways, so none had benefitted from any form of snow removal by the time I was making my way home. Anyhow, I was ploughing through the drifts, havin a good time. Then I got back into the city, and the roads really weren't too much better, so there was still fun to be had! So did some good sliding turns and jammin through the snow. Fun was had, then I got home.

That reminds me of something else, my retarded neighbours. So the wife is Australian, and the husband I think is Australian as well I'm not sure, but neither of them are native Canadians anyhow. So, that would explain their retarded winter behavior. It snows here. This is normal, we counter this by shoveling our driveways. Usually it'll snow, then it'll stop snowing. That's when we go clean off those driveways. Makes sense? Remember, I live in a townhouse, so that means our garages are side-by-side and we share a wide driveway. So anyhow, at the start of the season if I was out there first I'd shovel the whole area, and if they were out there first, they would do it. It was kind of a good neighbourly understanding. That works for me, I don't mind doing their driveway for them I have a good bucket shovel.

But the understanding has disappeared. Nowadays, they do only their half of the driveway, and offload excess snow onto my half. Perhaps it's just me, but I find that rude. You see, I suppose the understanding disappeared because they're always out there before I am. Why? Because they DON'T wait until it stops snowing.

"Hey, there's snow on the driveway. I'd better go shovel it off. Even though it'll be covered again in a few minutes thus making my efforts basically pointless."

My guess, is they decided that since they're always out there first, then they'll do their half only. That's just dandy, but for crying out loud, don't be so bloody rude as to pile up more of your snow onto my side.

The funny thing? I wait until it stops snowing, then I shovel both sides - because even though they've already shoveled - there's always a coat of snow on their side. Just trying to restore the good faith here. Hasn't worked yet though.

No matter, I'm moving in 9 days, so who gives a shit right?

INotD: Today we have a guest spot! The man himself, Shade! When asked about names he likes to call people his replies were: "tough call, I usually just stick to the basics... 'fucker', and the like." and "or 'dumbfuck', but that's hardly original". We decided to go with the later, with the consensus that its an "oldie but (a) goodie". Hence, today's INotD is: Dumbfuck. Shade also had the grace to provide us with an example, here it is:

"wow, another stupid dumbfuck who doesn't know how to drive."

That sounds perfectly Winnipegish to me.

~K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home