Friday, September 24, 2004

The CSI series has been expanded!

It's not enough that they have shows based in both Las Vegas and Miami, but New York simply had to be included! What's next? LA? Chicago? Detroit? Lynchburg, Virginia?

While I'm sure it sounds like a good idea, taking advantage of the incredible popularity of the CSI franchise, I personally think they're just continually diluting the show. I mean, honestly, how many ways can they kill someone and analyze it - in three American cities (read: there's not much of a difference other than scenery), and still keep it interesting over the long run? It's not like I watch the show because I really care about the character progression.

If anyone were to ask me what they should do, I would say to move the franchise to somewhere truly different. How about: CSI - Calcutta, CSI - Rio de Janeiro, or CSI - Istanbul. Now THAT would be a real change of pace. They could have equipment problems, and underfunding, maybe some religious conflicts with autopsies, deal with all kinds of underworld gangs and crazy slums. Not thatgangs and slums don't exist in the US, but we've all seen that before. Lets see it in another country!

Any takers?

91.5 The Beat was playing on the radio at work the other day. One of the loser dj's was talking with the monkey news guy about some CD that one of the nameless generic male hip hoppers is coming out with. Then, to my utter amazement, they started talking about how 'hot' the songs are going to be. Not in the way that they'll be big sellers/really popular. But hot - as in sexy. Bear witness:

Loser: One of the songs is called Red Light District.
Monkey: Wow, that sounds so hot!
Loser: Yeah! Like, really hot! I can't wait to hear it!
Monkey: Me neither, it'll be hot.

I found myself fighting off simultaneous urges to both bash the radio and heave my innards onto the dirty cement upon which I was standing. Being the controlled individual I am, I managed to fight off both urges, though I fear I failed at choking back at least a little bit of bile.

I can usually put up with the music - songs about "My Pooh", 'questions', leaning back, and other ill conceived bullshit. But with discourse like that clogging the airways in between tracks - believe it or not - I actually want the songs to start playing again.

How sad is that!?!?

2 Comments:

At 12:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, Dan and I had this same conversation but he was right on with his series, I think I almost peed my pants.... CSI: Brandon! it was good Kelly

 
At 4:02 pm, Blogger m@ said...

hahah dude, that's hilarious. Fucking hiphop.
As for the CSI NY, the bit I've seen/heard of it is that the murders there will trend to the more gruesome side, in line with NY. I wonder if the CSIs could have discovered, as the government did, that Iraq was the root cause of the Sept. 11th attack?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home