Saturday, October 28, 2006

Mt Tamborine

We took a drive up to Mt Tamborine this weekend. It's pretty nice, and jam-packed with National Parks. There are Seven all within 3km's of each other. And Lamington National Park is just a half hour drive to the south! The entire south-east corner of Queensland is a veritable bevy of National Park goodness - and all right in my back door :). We weren't there for long, and the bushwalking was limited to a 'mere' 5km's. But I snapped a few decent pictures, first at the Botanical Gardens, followed by the Witches Falls circuit, and lastly the Curtis Falls walk - so here we go...

Botanical Gardens. Above: Japanese Bridge Below: View of the pond.



Above: A view back towards where the above-above picture was taken.

Left: Chilling out in a hut.

Lots of cool huge trees with crazy trunks. Definitely larger and cooler than it looks in the picture.

I reckon these look pretty cool with the exposed roots and everything...its almost like the ground is a foot below where its supposed to be - I don't think I've seen anything like it before. (Not that I can remember anyway)

Kathryn and I in front of Curtis Falls.

A final shot of Curtis Falls.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home