Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gold Coast Indy 300

Had a great time on Sunday! The day was jam packed with events! First we got to see the Champ Cars do their warmup laps, then came the Porsche Carrera Cup, followed by first of two races for the popular V8 Supercars, after that was the Indy 300 race itself, with the day closing on another V8 Supercar race. As a result of the busy day, I had plenty opportunity to hone my skills at taking pictures of moving targets! I hope everyone likes the results!








These are a few of my Porsche Carrera Cup pictures, the ones that I reckon turned out the best. I hope no one is going to get bored because most of my pictures are taken from the same viewpoint and the only difference is the cars.






























Some n00b waving down at us from a chopper overhead.




The V8 Supercars come out to play...













...Followed by the very fast (and very loud) Champ Cars.











The Aussie team was (of course) extremely popular, and managed to take third place - eliciting much glee from the fans.







oops...turns out the day was jam-packed with accidents. The Gold Coast track isn't forgiving, especially through the chicanes.











And the V8 Supercars return for their final race....and just so everyone knows Holden cleaned up on the day - quite handily defeating Ford. The Ford supporters were disparate (Maree, Susan), but the Holden supporters (Kathryn, Cheryl, Myself) were quite pleased with the result. Seems to me there was more Holden supporters so it was for the greater good. :D Much to Marees chagrin I've also managed to convince Kathryn that cheering for Holden is the way to go - thats my girl!































The rear end of the Holden raceleader - this is all the Ford drivers ever got to see.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shall not reveal my secret identity. I think the pictures are great but the comments suck bigtime. Ford will win the championship and I will enjoy seeing the updated pictures of the ford crossing the line in first. hehe..If I say anymore you will know who I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home