Wednesday, July 21, 2004

My first couple days back at work after the holiday have been pretty good, actually.  Plasti-Fab is one of those jobs that it's easy to hate, but at the same time it's nice to be able to slide back into the familiarity of foam cutting after doing it for 7 years.  It's also good working with some cool people.  Shaun is fun to work with, and the new fellow Adam is proving to be even more of a computer geek than I am - which is great!  This fellow just finished a degree in computer engineering (or something like that), and he builds computers.  We're working on a computer for yours truly, and let me tell you the computer I have in mind is a badass performance machine.  I can't help it, I keep thinking to myself that I could easily get a computer that doesn't cost much, and does plenty.  But then I start thinking of all the wonderful new hardware out there, and the frugality vanishes like a donut in a police station. 

I also headed back to Popeyes gym tonight for the first time in over 3 months.  It felt good to get back to the workout routine.  But it was kind of annoying trying to start off where I left off and realizing that my body just can't handle that type of exertion yet.  I'll be going steady though over the months, and I'm more than looking forward to regaining and far surpassing anything I'd accomplished previously. 

It's like I'm back into the routine again.  Work, Gym, Computer.  Only now work pays more, and hopefully soon I'll have a computer that outputs a helluva lot more.  It may not be happiness.  But it could be called contentment.  Maybe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home