Monday, July 12, 2004

The wedding was a damn good time. I had gotten drunk or near drunk for 3 straight days, and today was the first day of sobriety - I'm feeling pretty good though. I gave a best-man toast at the reception, and I think it was alright. At least, a couple people giggled at the appropriate places - whether out of genuine amusement or out of kindness I'm not sure.

The ceremony went over pretty well. It was raining in the morning (This caused us to cancel our planned 7am golf round at Pinawa - just as well because we had only gotten to sleep at just past 5 and I was still drunk when I woke up at 6:40), but by the afternoon the clouds had been chased away by the sunshine and the weather was pretty much perfect. The bugs were pretty bad, but we sprayed the area in an attempt to fight them off. Happily, I was wearing a full suit out there on the beach, so there was little enough skin for the bastards to get at.

Wayne did a good job with his part as the officient (sp?), and added a lot of good personal touches that just wouldn't be possible otherwise. (I still love the line "by the power vested in me by the Government of the Province of Manitoba..." That's great, I kinda wish I could say that one day.) Dan and Kelly did well in spite of the nerves. Mom quite predictably teared up. I spent the majority of the ceremony trying to keep Liam from burying the two rings in the sand. But he wasn't too busy, he actually did pretty good for a 3 year old kid ;). James gave us quality music for the ceremony (and for the reception).

After the smooch, we went over to sign the appropriate documents, and I felt pretty special that I got to sign as Danny's witness, making my position more than just symbolic! Cristin, Kelly's Maid of Honour, got to sign too. Then we all got stuck out in the sun with a few billion bugs doing photos. After what must have been an hour, Darcy (Groomsman) and I decided it was time to go find some beers.

The reception was good, the food was fabulous (damn did I ever enjoy that chicken!), and it wasn't so huge that it was unmanageable and annoying. About 30 people altogether. I have a bunch of pictures that I'll post sometime soon. Thanks to Elena for taking the pictures of the ceremony for me.

So tomorrow is Liam's third birthday. We're probably going golfing in the morning, then heading to Shabusen in the afternoon for eats (WOO! My fav restaurant in Winnipeg!).

Anyhow, I'm dead tired. So peace out folks.

1 Comments:

At 3:48 am, Blogger m@ said...

Right on (y).
I'm sure that at 98% of wedding receptions, some sort of chicken serves as the meat. Nevertheless, it's goodstuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home