Thursday, July 28, 2005

Paintball!

Sunday was an excellent - if painful and strenuous - day. We arrived at 8:30, and left around 4:30. The venue was Ultimate Paintball, near Milton. The facility is 90 acres in size, and boasts 7 or 8 different arenas. The guns fire at a speed of 7 rounds per second, with a projectile velocity of 230 feet per second. It hurts when you get hit, but it hurts a lot more when the balls don't break at impact.

I have so many stories to relate about the good times had in the arenas...but I'll spare my readers and cut out all but the best.

The arena was called "The Slums", basically a mock village surrounded by forest. My team won both rounds ;).

There were three of us in a small area, pinned down by fire from someone hiding in a nest on top of one of the buildings. Two of their players tried to flank us in the bushes, but we took them out, losing one man in the process. I had Din lay out supression fire on the nest while I ran all the way around the area, attemping to come out behind the shooter. It worked, and I stood about 20 feet away as he called out orders to his last remaining teammate... "He went to the left, I don't know (right about now, I popped a shot right in his asscrack) whEAAARRGGGHH!!!!!". He turned around and looked at me, rubbing his sore behind, said "Nice shot man, ow!".

A classic moment.

Most people left with many bruises to mark the occasion. To be honest though, I don't have too many marks. Most of the hits I took were headshots, so the rest of my body was spared for the most part. Tom though had a monster bruise on his arm, and Paul was covered in impressive red marks.

Looking forward to next time! ;)

1 Comments:

At 10:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but notice there were no "after" pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home