Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I'd like to start off by saying that I have a lot of respect for the accomplishments of the Greeks throughout the ages. But what I want to know, at the moment, is how incredibly stupid are they?

Video games have been banned in Greece from all public and private places. Meaning that fancy new cell phone with the cool game on it can net you a fine or a jail term, or how about the dvd with the promotional game on it? That already caused a 10,000 Euro fine for some poor sucker. What about the business man carrying his laptop to work? Unless he has deleted every game on that machine - including Solitaire, Freecell, Hearts, etc - he can be nailed too. The range of penalties: "offenders...will face fines of 5,000 to 75,000 euros and imprisonment of one to 12 months."

The idea is to combat illegal gambling. But I think the Greek policymakers have strayed just a wee bit with this absurd law.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 pm, Blogger With Open Hands said...

All I got to say to Greece is Ya Dobber(which I think is how you spell it, Dobber is a Scottish word for dick)it's my new line. Nice photo's.

 
At 7:29 pm, Blogger m@ said...

Until you discover alllll of the downloadable content for the game.

Greece sucks, you know what else they invented.... *nudge nudge, gag gag*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home