Tuesday, December 14, 2004

People are idiots.

My first complaint for today is in relation to the car. Mom comes home from work and tells me to take a look at the rear end, so I do, and I find some fancy new cracks. That's a bit of a piss off, so I said to her 'What someone rear-ended you? How could they manage that it's not very icy out?" She says that she has no idea how it happened. In fact, the knowledge that nothing happened while either of us was driving yesterday, today or any recent days for that matter, and the damage being brand new - has led to the deduction that someone hit the car while parked. Of course, whoever did so, didn't have the common decency to wait for the unknown owner of the vehicle to arrive to inform about the mistake and damages. It's not surprising, I've seen it before. I've walked through the parking lot at Future Shop and seen an old man back right across the lot and slam into another car, only to punch it back into drive and take off.

My second complaint for the day is our idiot garbage pickup. In the past, there have been problems with helping them decide what constitutes garbage and recycle. The recycle materials are always loaded into nice blue containers whereas normal garbage isn't - an obvious difference.

Now, being the type of people we are, with lots of boxes in the house from moving, and the unpacking an ongoing process - we at times have extra boxes that need to be gotten rid of. Usually, the strategy is to use one of these boxes for garbage, and then set it out with the garbage bin. The first attempt at this was rebuffed though, as the mixed content of garbage and cardboard seemed to confuse the pickup fellows into thinking the entire box was meant to be recycle. But, since it wasn't packaged to their standards, we were left with a nice green sticker detailing the art of proper recycle packaging.

So last night, as we set out another box filled with garbage, I took the extra precaution of marking the box on all four sides with a black felt pen "GARBAGE". Not only that, I made sure to separate the garbage and recycle in the most obvious way - distance! Garbage on one side, recycle on the other - we're talking about a separating distance of feet in the double digits here. No way, I thought, they could screw this up. But I shouldn't have been so sure. I walked outside today only to find yet another helpful green sticker on our box of garbage detailing proper packaging of recycles. How nice.

1 Comments:

At 11:20 am, Blogger Bina Simon said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
skip bin hire rocklea
skip bin rental hire brisbane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home