Monday, December 13, 2004

It was 1 year and 5 days ago that I first started at FLR. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, I can look on it more rationally as opposed to the general dislike I had while employed.

I think it was a good experience, in the long run. It taught me that there are decidedly worse jobs out there than anything I had previously worked, and that people (Myself and coworkers being the examples here) will put up with all kinds of crap when in need of cash. I received a lot of really great training though - PCB Handling & Safety, Mercury Handling & Safety, Transportation of Hazardous Materials, Fall Protection, etc. Honestly, that's the kind of training everyone needs in life! But I'm pretty sure I inhaled entirely uncool amounts of mercury vapour in the course of my employment.

But to be honest, there were a few pretty decent people there, and we did manage to have our fun times. I have no doubt that far worse workplaces exist.

I just have no desire to go back. But that's a personal choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home