Thursday, September 02, 2004

Perhaps I shouldn't make mention of the follow-up conversation I had with Kathryn, where she accused me of making her look like a silly girl for her failing the other day. Of course she can spell "definately", she said.

I was, understandably, very amused. I advised her to take advantage of Microsoft Word's spellcheck feature, to reference her spelling of "definately".

Instead, I'll talk a little bit about team Canada! Way to go boys, for a handy victory over the stubborn Americans, and for a good thwapping against Slovakia. It's a shame to see Jovanovski get forced out of the tournament due to injuries though. He's a hell of a defenseman, would have been nice to see him follow up the Olympic Gold with another (hopefully!) first place performance. Wade Redden also managed to get injured last night, so Canada's blueliners are slowly getting dwindled out. I don't know the status of Redden's injuries, but so far he's the fourth Canadian defender to bite the dust due to injury. (MacInnis and Pronger being the first two, back during the team selection stage.) Luckily, Canada has plenty of depth. I have a lot of faith in Hannan and Bouwmeester. They'll do just fine.

Next game against Russia. Should be a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home