Thursday, May 06, 2004

Today was a rather annoying day. But I won't say too much about it, other than a short complaint about the weather.

Scotland's weather bloody pisses me off! I was walking home from downtown, which is about a 25 minute walk. Just as I started walking, it started raining. That's normal though, so I didn't mind too much (even though it had seemed to be shaping up for an 'ok' day early on). I continued walking, and the rain got harder and harder. Then, just as I came close to the park, I felt something hard hit my head, then again, and again. Oh! Joy! It's hailing! Look at all the pieces of ice bouncing off my head - Thank You Scotland! It seemed like no one was sharing my misery though, this place is like Highlander with umbrellas. As soon as the rain falls, everyone pulls out their umbrellas from some hidden pockets and walk around happy as can be - damn them. Then, as I was almost home, the hail stopped. About 3 minutes later the rain stopped altogether.

But I'm still happy. Why? Because we're going to ROME tomorrow!!! WooHoo! I'm looking so incredibly forward to seeing the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, the Parthenon, and more More MORE. I'd go so far as to say I'm giddy with anticipation. You have to understand Glasgow to get an idea of why we're so happy about leaving. Not that Glasgow is awful, but...it's...well let me just relate to you something instead: I was talking to a Scot today at the laundromat, and he asked me "WHY would you come to Glasgow!?!?".

Anyhow, the updates are going to be pretty sparse over the next while I think - unless I manage to find time, money, and an internet cafe to take advantage of: It may happen.

Thus, I bid everyone a fond adieu - for an as of yet undetermined amount of time. I remember reading that the hostel in Rome had Internet access though, but I'm not going to place bets on it just because I don't place bets on anything around here anymore. You just can't trust Europe. So: Later folks, don't fight over my possessions if I get run over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home