Thursday, January 10, 2008

Now that I've returned from Australia and finished posting torrents of photos, I managed to disappear from the blogosphere yet again, much to the chagrin of both my readers.

I guess Facebook got the better of me. The original intention was merely to check it out, see what the big deal was. It seemed more like a lazy persons blog more than anything else, with the most effort, modest as it is, going toward updating my status every few days. Bryan is: "bored." Bryan is: "eating." Bryan is: "struggling to find purpose in a monotone existence." I tried to kid myself into thinking people actually paid attention to the changing status, thus filling it with various witticisms and philosophical truths (such as I see). Truth is, the average attention span just doesn't have time for it. Hell, my attention span doesn't have time for that anymore. The realization forced an unpleasant question upon me.

Is Facebook slowly destroying my mental faculties?

I could say yes, but I would be lying. In fact, I would merely be assigning blame. The apparent degradation is no ones fault but my own. The root cause is and always will be - laziness.

So, after a long hiatus, I turned back to blogger. Something that takes a little bit of effort to do. Some thought, and perhaps, even consideration. A sort of mental gym, if you will.

Will I be updating this page regularly? Unlikely. I'll leave the simple stuff for Facebook. That's what its there for, after all. I do, however, intend on utilizing this page if I have the need to express something that requires more than a sentence or two. I've had a lot on my mind lately, culminating in an incredible need to get on the computer and start writing. So its possible I'll be on here a lot.

Unless I stumble back into my old routine. The passivity that breeds discontent and neglect for everything that inspires me to be creative.

I shall endeavor to do otherwise.

6 Comments:

At 12:16 am, Blogger James said...

yeah yeah that's the stuff. a rant-hole. let's see that passive anger fester and bubble into words that both your readers can enjoy!

 
At 1:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay your blogging again!
Amanda

 
At 3:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have three readers now yay! - Kathryn ( I forget my blogger password so i could log in oops)

 
At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

four readers ;)
- Beta

 
At 10:21 am, Blogger King Koop said...

So you know what's creepy? I woke up this morning and said "I want to start my blog again". Then I come here and see you did the same thing yesterday. Good Lord man, get out of my head!

 
At 1:43 am, Blogger Bryan said...

Beta! I didn't know you were one of my readers. Long time no see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home