Monday, June 14, 2004

Back on the home front, I have a bit of news about Canadian soccer and about Toronto.

I'll lay out the soccer first. The U-19 Women defeated the U.S. 2-1 on June 6th to take first place in the CONCACAF Championships. As a result, the ladies have been seeded in Group A for the U-19 World Championship to be held in Thailand this coming November. Best of luck to the girls!!

The men have been faring well! Canada's men's squad played a tune-up match about a week ago against Frank Yallops former MLS club the San Jose Earthquakes and walked away with a convincing 3-1 victory. Then yesterday the men played Belize in the first of the 2-leg World Cup qualifying series. The gents managed to pull out an impressive 4-0 victory while dominating the shots 20-4. This is especially good news for Canada's men's squad, which has in the past suffered from a distinct lack of goal-scoring. Lets hope the newfound offense continues to flourish! Game 2 is on the 16th.

In local news, it turns out Trump is coming to Toronto. Unveiled at the start of June was plans for the $500-million Trump International Tower and Hotel, a magnificent 68-storey project slated for downtown Toronto. From what I read, it'll be pretty damn impressive. According to Trump it will be "so magnificent, that it will become a tourist attraction". Sounds good to me, I just wish I had 1.5million for a suite. I wonder how much a meal at the super posh restaurant led by the as of yet unnamed international award winning chef will be. In fact, I wonder how much a meal will be at the cheaper more accessible eatery.

Whatever the case may be in reference to prices, I'm really looking forward to seeing production start on this project.

Lastly, just a reminder to everyone, Netherlands is playing Germany tomorrow, so make damn sure you glue your asses to a seat in front of the TV, and tune into TSN at 2:30EST. You can all bet I'll be wearing my bright orange KNVB jersey.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home